Susan S. Laubach, M.D.
Dr. Laubach received her undergraduate degree in Human Biology from Stanford University and earned her medical degree from UCSF in 2002. In 2005 she completed her Residency in Pediatrics from Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. She underwent Fellowship training in the field of Allergy & Immunology at Duke University with Dr. Wesley Burks, a pioneer in food allergy research. After Fellowship, she was honored to work as a civil servant at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC. In 2011, she joined Allergy & Asthma Medical Group and Research Center (AAMGRC), and in 2014 joined the faculty at UCSD when AAMG became affiliated with Rady Children’s Hospital. She has been an investigator in over a dozen clinical trials on food allergy immunotherapy at both AAMGRC and UCSD, as well as many clinical trials on asthma, allergic rhinitis, eczema, hives, and immunodeficiency. Dr. Laubach is an active member in many professional organizations in the field of food allergy, asthma, allergy and immunology.
- Physician and Sub-Investigator, Allergy & Asthma Medical Group and Research Center
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, San Diego Department of Pediatrics
- Allergy/Immunology Clinic Director, Rady Children’s Hospital
- October 2018, Featured P4P Quality Improvement Project: Standardizing the Allergy & Anaphylaxis Action Plan.
- July 2016, Rady Children’s Hospital Academic Enrichment Fund: “A Pilot Study on the Effect of Progressive Forms of Baked Milk and Egg Ingestion On Resolution of Milk and Egg Allergy”, Grant # CR-12.
- Feb 2007 & 2008, AAAAI Travel Grant
- July 2007, ACAAI Acorn Award
- 2000, Nominated for the UCSF Chancellor’s Award for the Advancement of Women
Dr. Laubach met her husband, Justin, while both volunteering at Camp Okizu, a camp for northern Californian children with cancer and their siblings. He now practices anesthesiology in San Diego. They have 2 young children and a large extended family in the San Diego area. When not at work, she enjoys spending time outside with her family, running, skiing, hiking, and swimming.