Nancy K. Ostrom, MD, CPI
Nancy K. Ostrom, M.D.
Nancy K. Ostrom, MD, CPI is co-director of the Allergy & Asthma Medical Group and Research Center where she practices her clinical specialty of allergy and immunology and serves as an investigator for clinical research trials. Her medical teaching appointments include: Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology, at the University of California, San Diego; and clinical preceptor for the allergy and immunology residency training program at Scripps Clinic Research Foundation.
Dr. Ostrom received her medical degree from Mayo Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota. She then completed internship and residency in Pediatrics and fulfilled a fellowship in allergy and immunology at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine where she received the Mayo Foundation Pediatric Award for Academic Achievement.
She is a diplomat of the American Board of Allergy and Immunology and the American Board of Pediatrics and is a fellow of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology, the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Ostrom has served on the Scientific Advisory Council of the American Lung Association and as chair of the Asthma Pharmacotherapeutics Committee of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the Asthma Committee of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
Dr. Ostrom is a Certified Physician Investigator who serves as a consultant in Phase I-IV drug development processes and as an investigator in clinical studies evaluating the safety and efficacy of treatments for allergic rhinitis, asthma and other associated disorders. She has published and lectured in the areas of allergic rhinitis, asthma, and exercise-induced asthma, which was the subject of a book chapter she authored.
- Co-Director, Allergy & Asthma Medical Group & Research Center
- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy & Immunology, University of California, San Diego
- Certified Physician Investigator, Academy of Pharmaceutical Physicians and Investigators
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine:1980- Pediatric Junior Resident Trip Award, 1983- Pediatric Senior Resident Travel Award, 1983- Mayo Foundation Pediatric Award for Academic Achievement, 1984- American College of Allergy Travel Award, 1985 – American Academy of Allergy & Immunology Travel Award
- San Diego Best Doctors, Allergy & Immunolog, San Diego Magazine: 2003, 2008, 2009
- America’s Top Doctors: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Best Doctors in America: 2007-2008, 2009-2010