Kristen M. Walters, M.D.
Dr. Walters (Dazy), joined Allergy & Asthma Medical Group and Research Center in 2016. Originally from southeastern Michigan, she graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science degree with distinction in Brain, Behavior and Cognitive Science. She attended medical school at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine where she obtained her doctorate in medicine and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha honors society. She returned to the University of Michigan to complete her residency in Internal Medicine. She attended the Scripps Clinic in San Diego, California for her fellowship in Allergy/Immunology and served as Chief Fellow. Her clinical interests include allergic rhinitis, chronic rhino-sinusitis, and upper airway dysfunction (chronic cough, paroxysmal vocal cord dysfunction). She is an active member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the Western Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology.
- Physician and Sub-Investigator, Allergy & Asthma Medical Group and Research Center
- Spring 2006, James B. Angell Scholar, University of Michigan
- 2010, First Place, Best Student Presentation, MSU/GRMERC Research Day
- November 2010, Alpha Omega Alpha, Gamma of Michigan Chapter
- January 2011, Robert K. Richards Ph.D. Endowed Scholarship Award of Excellence, Michigan State University
- June 3, 2016, Ruben F. Gittes MD, Annual Department of Medicine Fellow Award in Research, Scripps Green Hospital
She met her husband, Dan, in medical school who also practices in San Diego (Interventional Cardiology). They enjoy spending time with their daughter and golden retriever. Kristen’s personal interests include traveling, restaurant dining, and watching sports. Kristen was a cheerleader in college (Go Blue!).